June 10th Call Kicks Off Our TCEQ Sunset Campaign!
Mark your calendar now for 6:30 p.m. on Thursday June 10th! That’s the time ACT is hosting our state-wide call to kick off our TCEQ Sunset campaign. All Texans committed to protecting our state’s environment and health are invited to participate in the call.
ACT organizations around the state are working together to make this a milestone year for environmental protection in Texas. The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is currently under review by the Texas Sunset Advisory Commission. Now is the time to turn our concerns about how TCEQ does and does not do its job of protecting our environment and our health into real, lasting reform. It’s a chance that comes only once a decade. We’re coming together so our lawmakers know that Texans all over the state want the same thing–clean air, clean water and the safe disposal of waste–and expect their state environmental agency to do the job.
The June 10th call kicks off our campaign. We’ll explain the sunset process, hear from policy experts, and talk about what activists around the state are doing to involve and inspire their communities. We’re especially excited to introduce the TCEQ Sunset Town Halls–a series of events that environmental organizations throughout Texas are planning for early fall. Right now, town halls are in the works all over the state–from Brownsville to Abilene, Nacogdoches to El Paso. Find out if one is planned for your community–and learn how you can help organize one.
Here are the details for the call:
- What: TCEQ Sunset Campaign Information Call
- When: Thursday June 10 6:30-7:30
- Who: All Texans Standing Up for the Environment, for Public Health and for a Stronger TCEQ
- Why: To learn about the TCEQ Sunset review and why reforming the TCEQ is the biggest environmental campaign of the year
- How: At 6:30 p.m. on June 10th, call 866-501-6174. The access code for the call is 31794011892 The call will last one hour.